I’m totally impressed with the Prius and the gas mileage it has been getting. I’m getting about 50.5 miles on a gallon of 87 octane gas. That’s very impressive and helpful since the there has been a recent gas tax increase.
I’ve been using the ECO mode exclusively. I tried using the power mode but it’s not necessary in the flat lands I commute in daily.
I bought one of those drive in theater speaker boxes you use to listen back in the days. The first challenge was opening the thing up. It used the security screw heads which make the case tamper proof. I had to use a dremel tool cut out the center section which then allowed access to the tamper proof head.
So why I am messing with this speaker? I plan making a theme car display the next time we have an opportunity to participate in a car show like the this past summer at the Lincoln Center Live event.
Well, shit I’m impressed. This is the ultimate in commuting efficiency. My first tank of gas I️ was able get approximately 50 miles a gallon. That was without using the Ecco mode the first few days. To be more exact I️ went 456 miles on 9.05 gallons of gas. That’s a bit over 50 mpg.
As far as comfort it’s very comfortable. I️ like the fact the previous owner tinted the rear side heavily but left the front windows at 35%. That will keep the cops from pulling me over for a fix it ticket.
My commuter mobile only came with one smart key. I went to have my oil changed and asked the service guy what it cost for a spare made with all the functionality as the master key. He quoted my $400! Not including taxes! WTF!! I’ve never heard of a car key or any type of key that cost so much.
Today we picked purchased a new to is 2015 Prius 3 from a private seller. After researching around it was the best deal out there for us at this given time frame.
Had to make a change using the blogging software. The WordPress application for the iPhone stopped working for some reason.
This replacement application seems to be working fine.
I also performed a test photo upload with the desired resolution and it seems to have successfully uploaded.
After installing the carpet in the trunk I needed to start working on the audio setup. I’m going with a light system – 12″ Alpine R Series and a pair of 6×9 triaxial speakers. The combined wattage is around 2800W.
Actually this post should be called “raising”. It turns out with my weight and a full tank of gas, sub woofer system in the trunk the car rubs when hitting a hard bump. I also had a hard time going over full length speed bumps. The ones with a break in the middle I could split and go over without rubbing. I even had a hard time getting on the driveway.
All the rubbing and bottoming out is the reason I decided to lift it up a few inches. I still need to confirm the stock leaf spring count. It seems like there should be one more spring stacked under there.
The previous owner used lowering blocks to drop the car. The original drop was 3″ and it had a nice stance to it but again that was the gas tank not filled up, sub systems and me in it.
After all the trial and error removing the blocks and replacing with another, I ended up changing out the blocks three time until I was happy with the results. Not an easy thing to do since the whole process takes a fair amount of time.
The rear trunk area of the Mustang has the gas tank completely exposed. I thought I was missing a cover when I first saw it. There are light covers or panels that you can purchase but not very robust.
With the help of my wifey we were able to cut out the carpet and form it around a panel. I was able to get all of the materials needed at Morgans Fabrics at the center of downtown Stockton.
Today I removed the 6×9 speakers that came with the car. The were some off the wall brand that sounded bad. It turns out the speakers were mounted on the underside of the deck but no 6×9 hole was every cut out so the speakers were pressed against the rear side of the panel deck completely muffled of sound.