I’ve been looking for a larger diameter wheel ever since the wifey got her BMW. The look of a taller wheel tucked into a sports car has that certain vibe I like.
I picked up a set of head screens for my Porsche 986. The guy I bought it from was a trip. He’s converting his Boxster 986 into an electric car. He had already gotten to the point where the electric motor is inside of the body and attached. It will be interesting to see how well he does if I keep in contact with him.
The set had some overspray from some paint job the previous owner must have been involved with. I went ahead and resprayed both to keep them consistent.
I’m still trying to figure out how to securely fasten the windscreens as the plastic tabs that normally support it doesn’t seem like it would hold when the wind catches.
It’s been over two weeks since my Porsche 986 Boxster has been at the paint shop. It has been out twice so far and returned for unsatisfactory work. The first time was for lack of “buff and cut” work and the most recent 2nd time due to poor quality work with particles and paint runs.
This will be the third time it’s going back in for re-work.
Took in the Beater Boxster for some bodywork and a paint job. It will be interesting to see if they can get this hole in the rear bumper fixed. A constant eye sore for me. The front of the car looked as if the previous owner drove directly behind a gravel truck for hundreds of miles. The top of the roof had a lot of paint damage too along with the sides.
I’ve always been bugged looking at the Boxster’s rear deck. It seemed as if somebody exploded a box of golf balls inside the trunk as there were small dents coming from the inside. I found a black Boxster S model deck on craigslist and called the seller up.
We made arrangements for the weekend and I drove over for pickup. The seller was an interesting a guy as he was into making sport car replicas.
When I got to his place he showed me his Boxster S model that he had cut in half and extended 11 inches! I can’t wait to see his final work.
The swap out only took a few minutes, nothing really to it. The replacement deck had all the hardware already mounted. I had to use a little elbow grease waxing off the “Boxster S” logo that was removed from and sold to somebody else. That worked out fine since I don’t own that model.